On YouTube, closed captions (CC) are becoming more and more crucial for accessibility and enhancing the video-viewing experience. Unfortunately, occasionally CC may be overly large and obstruct portions of the screen, annoying viewers. Go through the process of shrinking the CC on YouTube so that you may personalize your viewing.
Use the advice on various ways to personalize closed captions, the advantages, and the significance of closed captions. You will have the information and resources necessary to design a more specialized YouTube viewing experience.
How to Make CC Smaller on YouTube
Making closed captions (CC) smaller on YouTube can bе done in just a few easy steps. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Navigate to the video you want to watch.
- Go to YouTube and search for the video you want to watch.
2. Click on the CC button.
- While the video is playing, click on the “CC” button in the bottom right corner of the video player. This will enable closed captions.
3. Click on the gear icon.
- After enabling the closed captions, click on the gear icon next to the “CC” button. This will open the closed captions settings.
4. Adjust the font size and background opacity.
- In the closed captions settings, you can adjust the font size and background opacity. Simply use the sliders to make the CC smaller.
5. Save changes.
- Once you are happy with your changes, click on the “Save” button аt the bottom of the closed captions settings. The closed captions will now be smaller and not block parts of the screen.
You can make the closed captions smaller on YouTube and improve your viewing experience.
Other Tips for Customizing Closed Captions on YouTube
There are other ways you can customize the CC tо your liking. Here are some tips:
1. Changing the font type.
- YouTube offers a variety of font types to choose from for closed captions. To change the font type, go to the closed captions settings and click on the drop-down menu under “Font family.”
2. Changing the color of the text and background.
- You can also change the color of the closed captions to make them more visually appealing оr easier to read. Go to the closed captions settings and click on the color options under “Text color” and “Background color.”
3. Using automatic translations.
- If you are watching a video in a language you are unfamiliar with, you can use automatic translations for the closed captions. To do this, go to the closed captions settings and click “Auto-translate.” YouTube will then translate the closed captions into your preferred language.
Try out these tips and see what works best for you!
Benefits of Customizing Closed Captions on YouTube
Customizing closed captions (CC) on YouTube can benefit viewers and content creators alike. Here are some оf the key benefits:
1. Accessibility for people with hearing disabilities.
- Closed captions provide accessibility for people who are deaf or hard of hearing. By customizing the CC, you can make them more readable and ensure that viewers with hearing disabilities can fully understand the content of the video.
2. Improved viewing experience for non-native speakers.
- Closed captions can also be helpful for people who are not native speakers of the language used in the video. By customizing the CC, you can make them easier to read and understand, improving the viewing experience for non-native speakers.
3. Benefits for content creators.
- Customizing closed captions can also provide benefits for content creators. By ensuring that the CC is accurate and readable, creators can expand their audience tо include viewers who may have difficulty understanding spoken language. Customizing the CC can improve the overall professionalism and quality of the video.
Personalizing closed captions on YouTube is a quick and easy approach to enhance everyone’s viewing pleasure. The CC can be made smaller, the font type and color changed, or automatic translations can be used, allowing viewers to watch videos in their preferred manner.
By including clear and understandable CC, content producers can broaden their audience and guarantee everyone can appreciate their work.