YouTube is a well-liked website where people can upload videos, interact with one another, and gain exposure. An original and memorable username, or “YouTube handle,” is crucial to the success of any channel on the video-sharing platform.
Finding out that the handle you wanted was already taken iѕ aggravating, though. Discuss the issue of having a taken YouTube handle and useful advice on what to do in that situation.
What to do if your YouTube handle is taken. Use listing
If your desired YouTube handle is already taken, don’t panic! Here’s a step-by-step guide оn what you can do:
- Check if the account is active: See if the account associated with the username is active. You can claim the username if the account has been inactive for a long time. To check if the account is active, enter the username into the search bar and see if any content appears.
- Contact the account owner: Contact the account owner and ask if they would be willing to give up the username. You can reach out to them by sending them a message through YouTube or social media. Be polite and explain why you’re interested in the username. They are not obligated to give up their username, so bе respectful and understanding.
- Choose a new YouTube handle: If the account owner is unwilling to give up the username, your only option is to choose a new one. This can be a great opportunity to create a creative and unique username that better represents your channel.
Best practices for choosing a YouTube handle
Here are some best practices when selecting a new YouTube handle:
- Keep it short and simple: A short and simple username is easier to remember and type. Avoid using long, complicated usernames that are difficult to spell.
- Make it memorable: Choose a catchy username and easy to remember. Your viewers should bе able to easily recall your username and associate it with your channel.
- Use keywords related to your channel: Incorporate keywords relevant to your content into your username. This will help viewers find your channel more easily when they search for those keywords.
- Avoid numbers and symbols: Numbers and symbols can make your username harder to remember and type. Stick to letters only when choosing your username.
- Check social media handles before choosing your YouTube handle: Make sure the username you want is available on other social media platforms so you can maintain a consistent brand across all channels.
- Avoid using your real name: Using your real name as your username may not bе the best option, especially if you want to maintain some privacy or anonymity. Instead, choose a username that reflects your content and personality.
- Consider your target audience: Consider who your target audience is and what kind of username would appeal to them. A username that resonates with your target audience can help you build a stronger brand and gain more followers.
Establishing a strong online presence on YouTube requires a user name that stands out. A few options are available to you if the username you want is already in use.
If you cannot get in touch with the account’s owner, you can pick a new username that better reflects your channel’s identity оr create a new account. You can select a username that will set you apart from the multitude, draw in more visitors, and solidify your place in the YouTube community.