With Snapchat, users may send each other photos and videos that automatically delete after being viewed. Snapchat’s popularity has allowed it to blossom into a central platform for sharing ideas and connecting with others.
With the rise of social media slang, it can be difficult for new users to understand the shorthand used by others. One such abbreviation that is commonly used on Snapchat is “FT.”
Explore what “FT” means оn Snapchat, how to use it, and other popular Snapchat abbreviations.
The Meaning of “FT” on Snapchat
“FT” is a shorthand term that is commonly used on Snapchat and has become an integral part of the platform’s culture. But what exactly does “FT” mean?
In the world of Snapchat, “FT” is commonly used to represent the phrase “FaceTime.”
FaceTime is a video calling feature that is available on Apple devices, allowing users tо make video calls to other Apple users.
On Snapchat, “FT” is often used to indicate that the sender would like to initiate a FaceTime call with the recipient.
How to Use “FT” on Snapchat
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to send an “FT” on Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat: Start by opening the Snapchat app on your device. Make sure that you are logged in to your account.
- Create a Chat: To send an “FT” on Snapchat, you need to create a chat with the person you want tо FaceTime with. To do this, tap on the chat icon at the bottom left of the screen and selected the person you want to chat with.
- Type “FT“: In the chat window, type the letters “FT.” You can do this by tapping оn the text box and typing the letters using your keyboard.
- Send the Chat: Once you’ve typed “FT,” you can send the chat by tapping оn the blue arrow icon. The “FT” message will be sent to the recipient, and they will know that you want to FaceTime with them.
- Initiate the FaceTime Call: If the recipient agrees to the FaceTime call, they will initiate the call by tapping on the FaceTime icon in the chat window. You will then be able to start the FaceTime call.
There are other ways to use “FT” in Snapchat conversations.
You can use “FT” in combination with other abbreviations or emojis to convey different messages. Pay attention to the context in which “FT” is used to fully understand its meaning in a particular conversation.
Other Popular Snapchat Abbreviations
Here are a few other abbreviations that are commonly used on Snapchat:
- “Lit” – A slang term that means “exciting” or “cool.“
- “Slay” – A term used tо describe someone who is doing well or looks great.
- “Lowkey” – An adjective used to describe something that is kept quiet or not widely known.
- “SOS” – An abbreviation for “Save Our Souls.” Used to express a need for help or support.
- “GOAT” – An acronym for “Greatest Of All Time.” Used to describe someone who is the best in their field.
- “AF” – An abbreviation for “As F***.” Used to express emphasis or intensity.
- “TBH” – An abbreviation for “To Be Honest.” Used to express honesty or sincerity.
These are just a few оf the many abbreviations used on Snapchat. By understanding these terms, you can communicate more effectively on the platform and stay up-to-date with the latest Snapchat slang.
Snapchatters often shorten “FT” to “FaceTime” when referring to the video chat app. You may now start a FaceTime call by sending the Snapchat “FT” acronym. Understanding that “FT” might indicate different things depending on the context in which it is used.