Instagram is one of the world’s most popular social media platforms, with over 1 billion active monthly users.
With such a large user base, it’s not surprising that unique slang and shorthand have emerged on the platform.
One term you may have come across on Instagram is “FS.”
But what does it mean?
Find out the meaning of “FS” оn Instagram and provide real-life examples and context.
See the potential meanings of “FS” and how context and tone can affect its interpretation.
If you’re a frequent Instagram user or just curious about the platform’s terminology, you can get a better understanding of the term “FS.”
Definition of “FS” on Instagram
“FS” on Instagram is an abbreviation for “Follow Saturday.” It is a hashtag on Instagram to encourage users to follow each other.
Follow Saturday is a social media trend that encourages users to follow new accounts on Saturdays.
It is a way for users to gain new followers and for others to discover new accounts to follow.
Users participating in Follow Saturday will use the hashtag “FS” or “FollowSaturday” in their posts or comment.
Follow Saturday is a great way for small accounts to gain visibility and attract new followers.
The hashtag is also used by larger accounts tо show support for smaller accounts and to encourage their followers to follow them.
It’s a way of supporting the community and promoting content discovery.
Users can participate in Follow Saturday by using the “FS” hashtag in their posts or comments or by following and commenting on other participating users. Following accounts that align with your values and interests helps you find more content you will enjoy.
Examples of “FS” in Use on Instagram
“FS” is generally used on Instagram in posts and comments to participate in Follow Saturday.
- A personal account posts a photo оf themselves with the caption “Happy Follow Saturday! Use the hashtag #FS to gain new followers and discover new accounts to follow!“
- A fashion blogger posts an outfit of the day photo with the caption, “Follow me, and I’ll follow you back! #FS #followsaturday #fashion“
- A travel account posts a beautiful landscape photo with the caption, “Who wants to join me on my next adventure? Let’s connect and share travel tips! #FS #travel #followsaturday“
- A pet account posts a photo of their cute cat with the caption, “Let’s grow our pet lover community! Follow me, and I’ll follow you back! #FS #petlovers #followsaturday“
As you can see from these examples, “FS” is used in various posts, from personal photos to brand posts.
Use it in any post as long as it is within the context of Follow Saturday.
These examples also show how context and tone can affect the meaning of “FS,” as it can be used to gain new followers, connect with others who share similar interests, and grow a community.
Potential Meanings of “FS” on Instagram
While “FS” is most commonly used as an abbreviation for “Follow Saturday” on Instagram, it may have other meanings depending on the context and tone in which it is used.
- Follow Saturday: “FS” is most commonly used as a hashtag to encourage users to follow each other on Saturdays. It is a social media trend meant to help users gain followers and discover new accounts to follow.
- Feedback and Support: Some users may use “FS” to mean “feedback and support” instead of “Follow Saturday.” They may use “FS” to ask for feedback on their content or to show support for a friend, family member, or a cause.
- Free Shipping: Many users may use “FS” tо mean “Free Shipping” in a sales post, as it is an abbreviation commonly used in e-commerce.
- Friend request sent: In some cases, users may use “FS” to mean “Friend Request Sent” when trying to connect with another user on a platform.
“FS” on Instagram is an abbreviation that most commonly stands for “Follow Saturday,” а trend that encourages users to follow each other on Saturdays.
It is a way to gain new followers and discover new accounts to follow. Depending on the context and tone, “FS” may also have other meanings, such as “feedback and support,” “Free Shipping,” or “Friend Request Sent.”
Think about the context and tone in which “FS” is used to fully understand the intended meaning.