WhatsApp is a widely popular messaging and communication platform used by millions of people around the world. It allows users to send text messages, make voice and video calls, and share files with others.[the_ad id=”9574″]
However, you may receive the message “Call Declined” while using the app during а voice or video call. You’re in the right place if you’re wondering what this message means and why you might be seeing it.
What does “Call Declined” mean on WhatsApp?
So, what does “Call Declined” mean on WhatsApp? Essentially, it means that the recipient did not accept the incoming call. This could be due to various reasons, such as the recipient being busy on another call, having their phone on silent оr do not disturb mode, or experiencing issues with their internet connection or phone signal.
Recipient does not necessarily decline the call – it could be declined automatically due to these external factors. However, if you consistently receive “Call Declined” messages when trying to call a specific contact, it’s worth considering the possibility that the recipient may have blocked your number.
Possible reasons for a “Call Declined” message on WhatsApp.
You might see a “Call Declined” message on WhatsApp for several reasons. Here are some common ones:
- Lack of signal or internet connection: If either the caller or recipient has a poor or unstable internet connection, it may result in the call being declined. This is because WhatsApp relies on an internet connection to make and receive calls.
- Phone on silent or do not disturb mode: The incoming call will automatically be declined if the recipient’s phone is silent оr do not disturb mode.
- The recipient is busy on another call: If the recipient is already on a call, they will not be able to accept a new incoming call and will be declined.
- The recipient has blocked the caller: If the recipient has blocked the caller’s number, the call will be declined, and the caller will not be able to contact the recipient through WhatsApp.
It’s worth considering these potential causes if you see frequent “Call Declined” messages on WhatsApp.
How to troubleshoot “Call Declined” messages on WhatsApp
If you’re experiencing “Call Declined” messages on WhatsApp and are looking for ways to troubleshoot the issue, here аre some steps you can take:
- Check for any issues with your internet connection or phone signal. Make sure you have a strong and stable connection to the internet, as this is necessary for WhatsApp calls to go through.
- Ensure that your phone is not on silent or do not disturb mode. If your phone is silent or does not disturb mode, incoming calls will be declined automatically.
- Try calling again at a later time. If the recipient is busy or experiencing issues with their internet connection, trying to call again later may be successful.
- Consider reaching out to the recipient to ensure they have not blocked your number. If you consistently receive “Call Declined” messages when trying to call a specific contact, it may be worth reaching out to them to confirm that they have not blocked your number.
“Call Declined” on WhatsApp means that the recipient did not accept the incoming call. This could be due to various reasons, such as а poor internet connection, the phone being on silent mode, or the recipient being busy on another call.
Suppose you’re experiencing “Call Declined” messages on WhatsApp. In that case, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue, including checking your internet connection, ensuring that your phone is not in silent mode, and trying to call again at a later time.