Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, and it’s a great way to share photos and videos with friends and family.
Not everyone wants comments on their posts.[the_ad id=”9574″]
Whether it’s because you’re sharing a personal moment and don’t want to be bombarded with messages or you’re worried about receiving negative or spam comments, there are many reasons why you might want to turn off comments on Instagram.
We’ll walk you through the stages required to turn off comments on Instagram and explore some alternative methods you can use to block unwanted comments.
Steps to Turn Off Comments on Instagram
One of the easiest ways to turn off comments on Instagram is by doing it directly from the app on your mobile device.
Follow these steps:
A. Open the Instagram app on your mobile device
B. Go to your profile page
C. Find the post for which you want to turn off comments
D. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the post-E.
Tap on “Turn Off Commenting“[the_ad id=”9574″]
It will remove the comments section for that particular post, and people will no longer be able tо leave comments on it.
Once you turn off comments, you won’t be able to turn them back on again for that post. To re-enable comments, you’ll have to create a new post.
This only turns off comments on a per-post basis. If you want to disable comments on all your posts, you can use Instagram’s built-in filters or third-party tools/apps to block unwanted comments.
While turning off comments on a per-post basis is quick and easy, it might not always be good if you receive many unwanted comments.
Tips you can use to blоck unwanted comments on Instagram:
A. Use Instagram’s built-in filters to block unwanted comments:
1. Go to your Instagram profile
2. Tap on the three lines in the top right corner of your profile
3. Select Settings
4. Tap on Privacy
5. Select Comment Control
6. You can filter comments by keywords or emojis or block specific users or accounts.[the_ad id=”9574″]
B. Take third-party tools/apps to automatically hide comments that contain certain keywords:
1. Research and find reliable third-party apps that provide a comment moderation service
2. Sign up for the service and connect it to your Instagram account
3. Set up keyword filters fоr the comments you want to hide or block
4. The service will automatically hide or block any comments that contain filtered keywords.
C. Disable comments оn Instagram stories:
1. Create a new story or select an existing one
2. Tap on the three dots icon on the bottom right corner of your screen
3. Tap on “Advanced Settings.”
4. Toggle off “Allow comments“.
You can stop unwanted comments from appearing on your Instagram posts, giving yоu more control over the content you share on the platform.
Check your comments regularly and remove any that violate Instagram’s terms of service.[the_ad id=”9574″]
Instagram is a great platform to share photos and videos with the world, but not everyone wants comments on their posts.
If you want to turn off comments on Instagram, you can do it directly from the app on your mobile device.
Instagram has built-in filters, and third-party tools/apps can automatically hide unwanted comments.
You can have more control over the comments on your Instagram posts without worrying about unwanted comments.
Check your comments regularly and take appropriate action according to Instagram’s terms of service.