Several people all across the world utilize Discord as their primary means of online chat. Discord’s emoji support is a major selling point because it allows users to express themselves freely in chat.
Some people find the constant use of emojis annoying or inappropriate. If you’re one of them, you might bе curious about disabling the emoji keyboard in Discord.
We’ll show you how to stop Discord from automatically inserting emojis into your conversations, and we’ll go through some of the possible drawbacks of this function.
Understanding Auto Emoji on Discord
With Discord’s Auto Emoji feature, you may automatically have particular terms in your chats converted into appropriate emojis. If you start a message with the word “heart,” Discord might substitute an emoji of a heart for the actual word.
There’s no doubt that this tool will make your chats more interesting and expressive.
Auto Emoji consults an internal database of keywords and the emojis that best express them. You may also tailor Discord to your preferences by adding keywords and emojis tо the lexicon.
Auto Emoji is turned on by default in Discord, meaning the app will automatically substitute emojis for any terms you input.
Auto Emoji is not foolproof and may occasionally insert neither acceptable nor wanted emojis. That can annoy people who would rather use words than emoticons to convey their thoughts.
You can turn off Auto Emoji in Discord if you choose.
Reasons for Turning Off Auto Emoji on Discord
Here are some reasons why you may want to turn off Auto Emoji on Discord:
- Distraction during conversations: Auto emojis can sometimes be distracting, especially if you’re trying to have a serious conversation or if the emojis are irrelevant to the topic. Turning off Auto Emoji can help you focus оn the content of the conversation.
- Overuse of emojis: Some users may find that Auto Emoji inserts too many emojis into their messages, making them difficult to read or understand. Disabling the feature can help to reduce the number of emojis in your chats.
- Inappropriate use of emojis: Auto Emoji may sometimes insert emojis that are not appropriate for the conversation or that could be interpreted in a way that you didn’t intend. This can be especially problematic in professional or formal settings. Turning off Auto Emoji gives you more control over the emojis used in your messages.
- Personal preference: Some users may simply prefer to express themselves using words instead оf emojis or may find those emojis don’t add much value to their conversations. Turning off Auto Emoji is a simple way to personalize your Discord experience.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Turn Off Auto Emoji on Discord
If you’ve decided that you want tо turn off Auto Emoji on Discord, here’s a step-by-step guide to help you do so:
- Open Discord and log in to your account.
- Click on the gear icon in the screen’s bottom left corner to open User Settings.
- In the User Settings menu, click on the Text & Images tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down tо the Automatic Emoji section, and toggle the switch to the off position.
- Once you’ve turned off Auto Emoji, you can customize your emoji usage further by adjusting the Emojis Per Message, Emoji Size, and Emoji Picker Size settings.
Easily personalize your Discord experience by turning off Auto Emoji. Disabling Auto Emoji will help you express yourself more clearly and ensure your communications are always professional, even if you find the function irritating, overused, or not your style.