Instagram’s active status feature allows your friends and followers to see when you’re active on the app.
This feature can be convenient for staying in touch with friends and family, but it may not be desirable for everyone.
Learn what active status on Instagram is and why you may want to turn it off.
We will represent the instructions for disabling active status on both the Instagram app and website and troubleshooting tips for common issues.
Turning Off Active Status on the Instagram App
Turning off active status on the Instagram app is relatively simple and can be done in just a few steps.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner to go to your profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner to open the settings menu.
- Select Settings, then privacy.
- Under the “Interactions” section, toggle off “Show Activity Status.”
Your friends and followers will no longer bе able to see when you’re active on Instagram.
If you are having trouble with the above steps, here are some troubleshooting tips that may help:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed.
- If you’re still having trouble, try logging out and logging back into your account.
- If you’re using an older app version, you may need to update it to access the Show Activity Status toggle.
Turning Off Active Status on the Instagram Web
You can also turn off active status on the Instagram website.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Open a web browser and go to www.instagram.com.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click оn the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the “Edit Profile” button.
- Scroll down to the Privacy and Security section.
- Toggle off the “Activity Status” button.
Here are some troubleshooting hints that may bе useful if you are having issues with the preceding steps:
- Make sure that you are logged in tо your Instagram account.
- If you’re still having trouble, try clearing your browser cache and cookies.
- If you’re using an older browser version, you may need to update it to access the Activity Status toggle.
Turning off active status on Instagram is a straightforward process that can be done in a few simple steps.
Even if you are using the Instagram app оr the website, you can easily toggle off the active status feature to hide your activity status from your friends and followers.
Turning off active status also means you cannot see other people’s active status.
If you want to take control of your privacy on Instagram, disabling active status is a great place to start.