Do you enjoy listening to music and using Snapchat? If so, you may already know that you can use Shazam on Snapchat to identify any music you hear while perusing user-generated content like stories and snaps.
A popular music recognition app, Shazam, can now be used with Snapchat to expand users’ access to new songs. Go through installing Shazam on Snapchat, utilizing it, and fixing any issues you may encounter. You’ll finish knowing everything there is to know about using Shazam on Snapchat to find new music. Let’s dig into Shazaming on Snapchat right now!
Setting up Shazam on Snapchat
Here are step-by-step instructions for setting up Shazam on Snapchat:
- Check device compatibility: Before getting started, ensure your device is compatible with both Snapchat and Shazam. The Shazam feature is available on the latest versions of Snapchat for iOS and Android devices.
- Install Shazam on Snapchat: If your device is compatible, open the Snapchat app and swipe right to access the camera screen. From here, tap on the search bar аt the top of the screen and type in “Shazam.” Tap the Shazam option and select “Install” to download the Shazam feature within Snapchat.
- Enable microphone access: Once Shazam is installed on Snapchat, you’ll need to enable microphone access for the feature to work. Go to your device’s settings, find Snapchat, and turn on microphone access.
- Find the Shazam option on Snapchat: With Shazam installed and microphone access enabled, you can now access the Shazam feature on Snapchat. Open the camera screen, point your device towards the audio source you want to identify, and hold on to the screen until the Shazam option appears.
- Identify a song with Shazam оn Snapchat: To identify a song, simply tap the Shazam button and hold your device toward the audio source for a few seconds. When the song has been identified, you’ll see a result screen with the song title, artist name, and album artwork.
- Save identified songs on Snapchat: If you want to save an identified song, simply tap the “Send To” button and select “My Story” or “Save to Camera Roll.” This will save the identified song to your Snapchat Story or device’s camera roll for later reference.
Using Shazam on Snapchat
Here are step-by-step instructions for using Shazam on Snapchat:
- Open the camera screen: To use Shazam on Snapchat, open the camera screen by swiping right оn the main Snapchat screen.
- Point towards the audio source: Point your device toward the source you want to identify. This can be a song playing in the background of a snap or story.
- Press and hold the camera screen: Press and hold the camera screen until the Shazam option appears. This can take a few seconds, so be patient.
- Tap the Shazam button: If the Shazam option appears, tap on the Shazam button tо begin the song identification process. Hold your device toward the audio source for a few seconds while the app identifies the song.
- View the result screen: Once the song has been identified, you’ll see a result screen with the song title, artist name, and album artwork.
- Save the identified song: To save an identified song, tap the “Send To” button and select “My Story” or “Save to Camera Roll.” This will save the identified song to your Snapchat Story or device’s camera roll for later reference.
Troubleshooting Shazam on Snapchat
Here are some common issues you may encounter when using Shazam on Snapchat and how to troubleshoot them:
- Shazam not appearing on Snapchat: If the Shazam feature doesn’t appear on Snapchat, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Snapchat app. Make sure you have the latest version of the app and that your device is compatible with both Snapchat and Shazam.
- Shazam not identifying songs: If Shazam is not identifying songs, ensure that your device’s microphone is enabled and that no background noise interferes with the audio source. You can also try moving closer to the audio source оr, increasing the volume.
- No internet connection: Shazam requires an internet connection to identify songs. If you have no internet connection, try connecting to Wi-Fi or cellular data again.
- Shazam freezing or crashing: If Shazam freezes or crashes, try closing and reopening Snapchat. If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the Shazam feature within Snapchat.
- Incorrect song identified: Shazam can occasionally identify the wrong song. If this happens, try identifying the song again with Shazam or use another music identification app to verify the correct song.
- Microphone access issue: If you’re having trouble enabling microphone access for Shazam, go to your device’s settings, find Snapchat, and turn оn microphone access. If the issue persists, restart your device and try again.
You may encounter some common issues when using Shazam on Snapchat and how troubleshoot them. If you still have issues, try contacting Snapchat or Shazam support for further assistance.
Shazam is a fantastic way to identify and save tunes when exploring stories and snaps. Use the troubleshooting advice to get things working.
Shazam is a music recognition app that can be used on Snapchat to quickly identify songs and add them to your library.