Discord is a popular communication platform that gamers, communities, and teams use for voice and text messaging.
It allows users to join or create virtual servers, known as “guilds,” and participate in voice and text channels within them.
One of the useful features of Discord is the ability to share your screen with other users in a voice or video call.
It can be useful for various reasons, such as troubleshooting technical issues, giving presentations, or sharing gameplay.
We’ll discuss how to set up and share your screen on Discord.
We’ll go over the requirements for screen sharing, how to enable it in a call, and how to select the screen or window you want to share.
We’ll also discuss some additional features of Discord’s screen-sharing functionality.
You’ll have a solid understanding of how to share your screen on Discord and be ready to use this feature with your friends and colleagues.
Setting Up Screen Sharing on Discord
A. Requirements for screen sharing on Discord
1. Discord account: To use Discord, you must have a Discord account. You can sign up for free on the Discord website if you don’t have one.
2. Discord app installed on the device: The next step to set up screen sharing on Discord is to have the Discord app installed on your device. The Discord app is available on various platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
B. Enabling screen sharing on Discord
1. Joining or creating a voice channel: To use screen sharing on Discord, you first need to join or create a voice channel. A voice channel is where you can talk to other people on Discord using voice chat. You can join an existing voice channel or create your own by clicking on the “+” button in the server’s sidebar.
2. Clicking the video icon in the call controls: Once you’re in a voice channel, you can start a call by clicking the video icon in the call controls. This icon will be located next to the microphone icon. When you click on this icon, a call will start, and a new window will appear with options to select the specific window or app you would like to share.
You will have enabled screen sharing on Discord, and now you can share your screen with others on thе call.
Sharing Your Screen on Discord
A. Selecting the screen or window to share
1. Sharing your entire screen: To share your entire screen, click on the “Share Screen” button on the call window. This will allow you to share everything that is currently on your monitor.
2. Sharing a specific application or window: Alternatively, you can share a specific application or window by clicking on the “Application” button, which allows you tо select the specific one or application you want to share.
B. Starting the screen share Once you have selected the screen or window to share, you can start the screen share by clicking the “Share” button, this will start the screen share, and the other users in the call will be able to see your screen.
C. Stop or Pausing the screen share You can stop or pause the screen share by clicking the “Stop Share” button on the call window, this will stop the screen share, and the other users in the call will no longer be able to see your screen.
A. How to share sound while sharing a screen
1. During a screen shаre, click on the settings gear icon.
2. Go to the “Advanced” tab.
3. Check the “Share computer sound” checkbox.
4. Click “Apply” to start sharing sound.
B. How to share with specific users or group
1. Start a screen share аs usual.
2. Click the “Advanced” button on the share screen interface.
3. Type the username of the specific user or group in the “Share with” field.
4. Click “Share” to start the screen share with the specific user or group.
C. How to enable/disable the cursor during screen share
1. During a screen share, click on the settings gear icon.
2. Go to the “Advanced” tab.
3. Check or uncheck the “Show cursor” checkbox.
4. Click “Apply” to turn the cursor on or off during the screen share.
Yоu will have more control over your screen share, and it will enable you to customize the experience for yourself and others on the call.
You can now share sound, share with a specific user or group, and enable or disable the cursor during screen share with ease.
Discord’s screen-sharing feature allows users to share their entire screen or a specific window/application with others in a voice or video call.
With how to set up screen sharing, share your screen, and use additional features like sharing sound, sharing with specific users or groups, and enabling/disabling the cursor, you will be able to use this feature with confidence.
With the ability to share your screen, Discord becomes even more versatile and allows users to collaborate, troubleshoot and share their content easily and efficiently.