Snapchat is a popular social media app that allows users to share photos, videos, and messages with friends and followers.
One of the features of Snapchat is the ability to put someone on “Do Not Disturb” (DND).[the_ad id=”9574″]
It allows users to mute notifications from specific people, reducing unwanted interruptions and allowing for better control over their digital well-being.
We will explain how to put someone on DND on Snapchat, the repercussions of doing so, and further advice for managing your Snapchat experience.
How to Put Someone on DND on Snapchat
Snapchat’s Do Not Disturb (DND) feature is straightforward and can be activated in a few simple steps:
- Open the Snapchat app and go to your profile by tapping on the ghost icon in the top left corner оf the screen.
- Tap on the gear icon on the top right corner of the screen to access the settings menu.
- Scroll down to the “Who Can…” section and tap “Who Can Contact Me.“
- Select “Do Not Disturb” from the options.
- You will see a list of contacts you have previously added to your Snapchat. To add someone to the DND list, simply tap on their name.
- To remove someone from the DND list, tap on their name again, and they will be removed from the list.
You have successfully added or removed someone to/from your Do Not Disturb list on Snapchat, so you will no longer receive notifications from the users you added to the list, giving you the control to manage the interruption and have better digital well-being.[the_ad id=”9574″]
Effects of Putting Someone on DND on Snapchat
When you put someone on Do Not Disturb (DND) on Snapchat, you will no longer receive notifications from that person, including snaps, chats, and stories.
Here are the results of putting someone on DND on Snapchat:
- You will not receive notifications when that person sends you a snap or a chat.
- You will not see their stories on the Stories page of your Snapchat app.
- You can still see their stories by visiting their profile and viewing them manually.
- The person you put on DND will not be notified that they have been added to your DND list, so they will not be aware that they have been blocked from sending notifications.
- You can still interact with the person you put on DND by sending them snaps and chats, but they will not be notified unless they check their DND list.
Putting someone on Do Not Disturb (DND) on Snapchat is a simple process that allows you to control who can send you notifications and manage your digital well-being.
Add or remove someone from your DND list and enjoy а more personalized Snapchat experience.[the_ad id=”9574″]
You can make informed decisions about who to include on your list and how to manage your notifications.
- Customize your notifications: In the settings menu, you can customize your notification settings to only receive notifications from people you want to hear from.
- Use Ghost Mode: This feature allows you to make yourself invisible to other users on the app. It is useful if you want to take a break from Snapchat but still want to keep the app installed оn your device.
- Manage Group Chats: If you are in a group chat that yоu no longer want to be a part of, you can leave the group or mute the notifications from the group chat.
- Use Screen Time Management: Some devices have built-in tools to manage your screen time, including setting limits оn app usage. It can be a useful tool to manage your digital well-being and avoid the overuse of apps like Snapchat.
- Take breaks: Taking regular breaks from social media can be beneficial for your mental and emotional well-being. Schedule regular time away from the app to avoid burnout and maintain a healthy balance in your life.