Have you ever been in a situation where you wanted to watch a YouTube video on your iPhone, but you also needed to use another app at the same time? Or perhaps you just wanted to minimize YouTube and listen to the audio while doing something else. Fortunately, minimizing YouTube on iPhone is a simple process that allows you to multitask and save battery life while still enjoying your favorite videos.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps to minimize YouTube on iPhone and explore the benefits of doing so. We will also provide tips for optimizing your minimized YouTube experience. Let’s get started!
How to minimize YouTube on iPhone
Here are the step-by-step instructions to minimize YouTube on your iPhone:
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Select the video you want to watch.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the control center.
- In the control center, press the home button. This will minimize the YouTube app to a small window at the bottom of the screen.
- You can now open any other app and continue using your iPhone while the video plays in the minimized YouTube window.
It’s worth noting that you can also adjust the size of the minimized YouTube window by dragging it up or down on the screen. To maximize the YouTube window, simply tap on it and it will return to full screen. This feature is especially useful if you need to quickly check something else on your phone without interrupting your video.
That’s it! You now know how to minimize YouTube on your iPhone and enjoy your favorite videos while multitasking.
Benefits of minimizing YouTube on iPhone
There are several benefits of minimizing YouTube on your iPhone. Here are some of the most significant benefits:
- Multitasking: When you minimize YouTube on your iPhone, you can use other apps at the same time. This is great for productivity as you can check your email, browse the web or use any other app without interrupting your video.
- Saving battery life: By minimizing YouTube, you can save battery life on your iPhone. When the app is minimized, it consumes less power compared to when it’s playing a video in full-screen mode.
- Avoiding distractions: If you only want to listen to the audio of a video, minimizing YouTube allows you to do so while avoiding distractions from the video itself. This is especially useful if you need to focus on other tasks while still listening to the content of the video.
- Other benefits: Minimizing YouTube can also be useful when you need to quickly reference something in a video while using another app. It also allows you to watch videos while on a phone call or while using other apps that require full screen.
Overall, minimizing YouTube on your iPhone is a useful feature that allows you to multitask, save battery life and avoid distractions.
Tips for optimizing minimized YouTube on iPhone
Here are some tips for optimizing your minimized YouTube experience on iPhone:
- Adjusting volume: You can adjust the volume of the minimized YouTube video by using the volume buttons on the side of your iPhone. This is useful if you need to lower or raise the volume quickly without maximizing the video.
- Navigating minimized YouTube: You can navigate the minimized YouTube window by swiping left or right on the small window. This allows you to skip to the next or previous video in the playlist without maximizing the app.
- Other tips: If you want to keep the minimized YouTube window on top of other apps, you can use the “picture-in-picture” feature. Simply tap on the small window and it will expand to a larger window that can be moved around the screen. You can also disable the “autoplay” feature in the YouTube settings to prevent videos from playing automatically when you minimize the app.
By using these tips, you can optimize your minimized YouTube experience and enjoy your videos without interruptions or distractions.
Minimizing YouTube on your iPhone can be a game-changer for multitasking, saving battery life and avoiding distractions. With the simple steps we provided, you can easily minimize YouTube on your iPhone and continue using your phone while your favorite videos play. By following our tips, you can also optimize your experience and make the most out of the minimized YouTube window. So why not give it a try and see how it works for you?