Instagram is a great platform for sharing your life with friends and family, but sometimes you might not want certain followers to see certain posts.[the_ad id=”9574″]
For example, maybe you don’t want your boss to see your weekend shenanigans, or you don’t want your ex to see your new romantic partner. Whatever the reason, Instagram allows you to hide posts from specific followers, giving you more control over your online presence.
Get to know how to set up a close friends list, use it to hide posts from specific followers, and take tips on managing hidden posts.
Use Instagram confidently, knowing that your posts are only visible to the people you want them to be.
Setting Up Close Friends List
One of the ways to hide posts from specific followers on Instagram is by using a close friends list. This list allows you to create a group of people to whom you want access to your posts.
To set up your close friends list, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your profile icon.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Tap on “Privacy.“
- Tap on “Close Friends.”
- Tap on “Add” to add friends to your close friends list.
- Tap “Manage” to remove friends from the list.
Use the list to hide posts from specific followers. Create a post and choose “Close Friends” as the audience when you share it. This will make the post only visible to the people on your close friends list.[the_ad id=”9574″]
Use the close friends list to share stories only with a specific group. For example, when posting a story, you can tap on the “Close Friends” option at the bottom of the screen, and only the people on your close friends list can see the story.
By setting up a close friends list, you can control who sees your posts and stories, giving you more privacy and flexibility in sharing.
Hiding Posts from Specific Followers
Hiding posts from specific followers is easy.
Here’s how to do it:
- Create a new post as you normally would by opening the camera or selecting a photo from your camera roll.
- Write your caption, add any filters or edits, and tap “Share.”
- When the share screen appears, tap “Close Friends” instead of “Public.” This will make the post only visible to the people on your close friends list.
- Tap on “Share” again to post the photo.
Suppose you’ve previously added a person tо your close friends list but later removed them. They will still be able to see the post. So, you may want to consider removing the person before posting the content.
To ensure that the post is only visible to the desired audience, you can check the post’s audience by going to your profile and finding the post. Tap on the three dots in the post’s top right corner and select “View Insights.” You can see who has seen the post.
There may be times when you want to unhide а post that you previously hid from specific followers:
- Go to your profile by tapping your profile picture in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Find the post you want to unhide and tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select “Edit” from the menu that appears.
- On the next screen, tap on the audience selector.
- Change the audience from “Close Friends” to “Public” or “Followers,” depending on your preference.
- Tap on “Done” to save the changes.
If you’ve shared the post with a specific group оr individual, you must go to the group or individual’s profile and unhide it.
Another way to unhide the post is by going to your close friends list, selecting the specific post, tapping on the three dots in the top right corner, and selecting “Delete” to remove the post from the close friends list.
Keep track of your hidden posts so you can easily unhide them if you want to. A good way to do this is by keeping а list of the posts you’ve hidden in a note-taking app or a physical notebook.
Hiding posts from specific followers on Instagram is а great way to have more control over your online presence.
By setting up a close friends list and using it tо hide posts, you can ensure that only the people you want to see your content will be able to do so.
You can easily unhide posts if you change your mind. Manage your Instagram posts and know that your content is only visible to the people you want it to be.