Instagram is one of the world’s most popular social media platforms, and it’s no surprise that many people want to change their accounts from time to time.
One of the most common changes people make is to their usernames.
It’s easy to switch your Instagram handle for a variety of reasons, including rebranding and privacy.
But before you make the change, consider the implications and make sure you choose a username that works for you.
Discover the steps necessary tо make the switch to a new Instagram handle, along with helpful hints for getting the news out and updating your profiles across all of your social media platforms.
Before You Change Your Username
Before you change your Instagram username, set the implications of the change. One of the most significant potential effects is the loss of followers. If your current followers have trouble finding your account with your new username, they may unfollow you. Your new username may confuse existing followers and potential new followers who may not be able to find you.
To avoid these issues, choosing a new username that is easy to remember and consistent with other social media accounts is necessary. You may also want to inform your current followers of your upcoming name change, so they can easily find your account after the change.
Instagram limits how many times you can change your username; it’s only once every 14 days. So make sure you are ready to commit to a new username before you make the change.
How to Change Your Instagram Username
Changing your Instagram username is a simple process that can be done оn both the mobile app and the website. Here are the step-by-step instructions for changing your username on each platform:
On the Mobile App:
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account
- Tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner to access your profile
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner and select “Settings.”
- Select the account, then tap on “Edit Profile.”
- Tap on the Username field and enter your new username
- Tap on “Done” to save your changes
On the Website:
- Go to instagram.com and log in tо your account
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner to access your profile
- Click on “Edit Profile“
- Click on the Username field and enter your new username
- Click on “Submit” to save your changes
After You Change Your Username
Changing your Instagram username can affect your account, such as loss of followers, confusion for existing followers, and difficulty finding new followers.
Here are some tips for promoting your new username and minimizing these effects:
- Inform your existing followers: Let your current followers know about your new username bу posting an update on your Instagram stories or sending them a direct message. Update your bio to include your new username.
- Use Instagram’s “Change of Username” feature: Instagram has a built-in feature that lets you inform your followers of your new username. Access this feature by selecting your profile settings and selecting “Change of Username” under “Help.”
- Use Instagram’s “Promotions” feature: You can use Instagram’s “Promotions” feature to create an advertisement promoting your new username. This will help new followers find you more easily.
- Update your username on other social media platforms: Make sure to update your username оn other social media platforms to keep your online presence consistent and easy to find.
- Keep using Instagram actively: Keep using Instagram actively and engage with your followers. This will help maintain your existing followers and attract new followers.
Changing your Instagram username is a simple process, but consider the potential effects before making the change.
Choose a new username that is easy tо remember and consistent with other social media accounts.
After changing your username, inform your existing followers, use Instagram’s built-in “Promotions” feature, update your username on other social media platforms, and keep using Instagram actively to maintain and attract new followers.
You can change your Instagram username successfully while minimizing any negative effects.