As a result of its Stories feature, which allows users to share their experiences in a more personal and artistic way, Snapchat has quickly risen to the top of the social media rankings. The auto-delete feature of Snapchat protects users’ privacy, but it also means that any memorable snaps they take may be lost forever.
Thankfully, there are several ways to set up auto-saving for your Snapchat Stories, giving you peace of mind that your memories will be preserved. Discuss the various methods, such as Snapchat’s built-in function, third-party apps, Google Photos, and IFTTT, for automatically saving your Snapchat Stories.
You’ll know everything there is to know about ensuring that you never again misplace a Snapchat Story.
Using Snapchat’s Built-in Feature to Save Stories
Users can use an in-app toggle to have their Snapchat Stories exported to their camera roll. This is a quick and easy method for safeguarding your precious recollections.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to enable this feature:
- Open Snapchat and swipe down on the camera screen to access your profile.
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner to access your settings.
- Scroll down to the “Memories” section and tap “Save to…“
- Select “Camera Roll Only” tо save Snaps and Stories to your camera roll.
- To save all Snaps and Stories, including those deleted, select “Memories & Camera Roll.”
- You can also select “Memories Only” if you prefer to save your Snaps and Stories tо Snapchat’s Memories feature.
- When selected, you can exit the settings and create your Snaps and Stories.
- Your Snaps and Stories will automatically save to your device’s camera roll or Snapchat Memories, depending on your selected option.
Using Third-party Apps to Automatically Save Stories
Several third-party apps can automatically save your Snapchat Stories, making it easier to keep track of your memories. Here are the step-by-step instructions to use a third-party app to automatically save your Snapchat Stories:
- Download and install a third-party app that is designed to save Snapchat Stories. Some popular options include SnapSave, SnapBox, and SnapKeep.
- Once the app is installed, open it and log in to your Snapchat account.
- The app will start running in the background and automatically save all the Snaps and Stories you create.
- You can access your saved Snaps and Stories in the app or your device’s camera roll, depending on the app you’re using.
- Using a third-party app tо save Snapchat Stories is against Snapchat’s terms of service, and your account could be suspended or permanently banned if caught using one. Use these apps at your own risk.
Using Google Photos to Automatically Save Stories
Google Photos is a free photo and video storage service that offers an easy way to automatically save your Snapchat Stories. Here are the step-by-step instructions to enable this feature:
- Download and install the Google Photos app оn your device.
- Open the app and sign in with your Google account.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner of the app and select “Photos settings.”
- Scroll down and toggle on “Backup & sync” to enable automatic backup оf your photos and videos.
- Tap on “Backup account” and select the Google account you want to use for backup.
- Tap on “Backup device folders” and select “Snapchat” to enable automatic backup оf your Snapchat Stories.
- You can also select “High quality” or “Original” to choose the backup quality. “Original” will use your Google storage space, while “High quality” is free and provides unlimited storage for photos and videos.
- Once selected, you can exit the settings and create your Snaps and Stories.
- Your Snaps and Stories will now bе automatically backed up to Google Photos, and you can access them from any device by logging in to your Google account.
Snaps can be safely stored in the cloud forever with Google Photos, just like any other photo or video. Your photos and videos can be viewed and shared with loved ones regardless of where you happen to be.
Using IFTTT to Automatically Save Stories
IFTTT (If This Then That) is a web-based automation platform that allows users to create applets that trigger automated actions. Here are the step-by-step instructions to use IFTTT to automatically save your Snapchat Stories:
- Sign up for an IFTTT account if you haven’t already.
- Go to the IFTTT website and search for “Snapchat” in the search bar.
- Select the applet that best suits your needs. For example, you could select “Save your Snapchat stories to Google Drive” or “Save your Snapchat stories to Dropbox.”
- Follow the instructions to connect your Snapchat account and the cloud storage service оf your choice.
- Once the applet is set up, your Snapchat Stories will be automatically saved to the cloud storage service whenever you create a new Story.
- You can create custom applets to save your Snaps and Stories to other platforms or devices.
- Using IFTTT tо save Snapchat Stories may not be 100% reliable, and you may miss some Stories. Some applets may require a paid subscription to use.
With IFTTT, you can automate the process of saving your Snapchat Stories and keep them organized in the cloud.
Snapchat’s built-in feature, third-party apps, Google Photos, and IFTTT are just some ways to automatically save your Snapchat Stories. Each approach has pros and cons.
Pick the one that works best for you. By setting up an automatic backup of your Stories, you can rest assured that your precious recollections will be safe and sound.