Discord is a popular communication platform for online communities and gamers. It allows users to chat with each other through text, voice, and video, and also offers а variety of tools for server administrators to manage their communities.[the_ad id=”9574″]
One important feature of Discord is the ability to authorize and manage third-party apps and bots that enhance the platform’s functionality. Find out the process of authorizing apps on Discord and provide tips for managing and revoking app authorization.
Step-by-step guide on how to authorize apps on Discord:
- The first step in authorizing аn app on Discord is to open the “My Apps” page in the Discord developer portal. This can be done by going to the Discord Developer Portal (https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/) and logging in with your Discord account.
- Once on the “My Apps” page, click the “Create an App” button.
- You will be prompted to enter a name and description for your app. Choose a name that accurately represents your app and write a brief description of what it does.
- After you have entered the name and description, click the “Create App” button.
- You will be taken to a page where you can create a bot for your app. To do this, navigate to the “Create a Bot” page and click the “Create a Bot” button.
- A bot token will be generated for your bot. Copy this token, as you will need it later to authorize the bot.
- You will need to use the Discord OAuth2 URL generator to add the bot to a server. This tool allows you to create a URL that can be used to invite the bot to a server. Select the appropriate permissions for your bot and click the “Generate URL” button.
- Copy the generated URL and send it to the server administrator. The administrator can then use the URL to add the bot to the server.
That’s it! You have now authorized аn app on Discord. Keep your bot token secure, as it allows full access to your bot.
Tips for managing authorized apps and revoking app authorization:
- To view a list of authorized apps for your Discord account, go to the “Apps” tab in your User Settings. Here, you will see a list of all the apps that have been granted access to your account.
- To manage the permissions of an authorized app, click on the app and select the “Edit” button. From here, you can adjust the permissions that the app has been granted.
- To revoke app authorization for an app, click on the app and select the “Revoke” button. This will remove the app’s access to your account and all associated permissions.
- It is important to regularly review the list of authorized apps and manage their permissions tо ensure that only apps you trust can access your account.
- If you are a server administrator, you can also manage the permissions of authorized apps for your server by going to the “Apps” tab in the Server Settings. Here, you will see a list of all the apps granted access to your server.
- As a server administrator, you can revoke app authorization for an app by clicking on the app and selecting the “Revoke” button. This will remove the app’s access to your server and all associated permissions.
- It is important for server administrators to regularly review the list of authorized apps and manage their permissions to ensure the security and integrity of the server.
Authorizing and managing apps on Discord is аn important part of maintaining the security and functionality of your account.
Following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily authorize apps and manage their permissions on your personal account and your server. It is important to regularly review the list of authorized apps and revoke app authorization for any apps you no longer trust. By doing so, you can ensure that only trusted apps can access your Discord account and server.