Discord is a popular communication platform for gaming and other online communities. One of the features that makes Discord so engaging is the ability to use emojis in chat and in server icons and names. Emojis can add personality and flair to your communication and make it more engaging for users.[the_ad id=”9574″]
First, we’ll show you how to set up your server and enable the emoji picker, then go over how to upload custom emojis and give you some guidelines for creating them.
Finally, we’ll show you how to use emojis in different contexts within Discord. Then, you’ll be an emoji pro and ready to make your Discord server stand out.
Setting up your Discord server
Before you can start adding emojis to your Discord server, you’ll need to set it up. Here’s a quick guide on how to do that:
A. Creating a new server
- Open the Discord app or go to the Discord website
- Click on the “+” icon in the left sidebar
- Select “Create a Server”
- Fill in the required information, such as the server name, region, and language
- Click “Create“
B. Adding and managing server roles
- Once your server is created, you can add and manage roles for different users on the server
- To add roles, click on the server settings icon and select “Roles.”
- To manage roles, you can assign them to users, edit their permissions, and even delete them
C. Enabling the emoji picker
- To enable the emoji picker on your server, you’ll need to enable server permissions
- Go to the server settings and select “Emoji.”
- Click on “Enable Emoji Picker”
- Now, users on the server will be able to access the emoji picker by typing “:” in the chat
You’re ready to add emojis with your server set up and the emoji picker enabled.
Adding custom emojis
One оf the great things about Discord is the ability to add custom emojis to your server.
Here’s how to do it:
A. How to upload custom emojis
- On your server, go to the server settings and select “Emoji.”
- Click on the “Upload Emoji” button
- Select the image file of the emoji you want to upload from your computer
- Give the emoji a name and click “Save.”
B. Guidelines for creating and uploading custom emojis
- The image you’re uploading is in .png format and is no larger than 128×128 pixels
- Emojis should have a transparent background
- Emojis with explicit or offensive content will be deleted, and your account mаy be banned by Discord.
- Only server administrators can upload emojis.
C. Troubleshooting tips for uploading emojis
- Check the server settings to make sure you have the correct permissions
- Confirm that the image you’re uploading is in the correct format and size
- If you are still unable to upload emojis, contact Discord’s support team
You should now be able to successfully upload custom emojis to your Discord server.
Using emojis in Discord
Now that you’ve added emojis to your Discord server, you’ll learn how tо use them in different contexts.
A. How to access and use emojis
- In any text field on Discord, type “:” and a list of available emojis will appear
- Click on the desired emoji or type the emoji’s name and press enter to insert it into the text field
- You can also use emojis in the name of a server, channel, or even message, Just type the emoji name or use the emoji picker
B. Creating emoji shortcuts
- Once you’ve used аn emoji in a message, the most recently used emojis will appear at the bottom of the emoji picker for easy access
- You can also create your emoji shortcuts by going to server settings > Emoji
- From there, you can create an alias for any of the server’s custom emojis
C. Using emojis in different Discord contexts
- You can use emojis in chat messages, as well as in server icons and names
- Tо change your server icon, go to server settings > Server settings
- To change the name of a server or channel, right-click on the server or channel and select “Edit.”
- In both cases, you can use the emoji picker to select an emoji to use as the icon or name
You should now be able to use emojis in different contexts within Discord. Emojis cаn add personality and flair to your communication and make it more engaging for users. You should be able to make your Discord server stand out and have a great time with your friends and community.[the_ad id=”9574″]
Adding emojis to your Discord server can make your communication more fun and engaging. You should know how to set up your server, enable the emoji picker, upload custom emojis, and use them in different contexts within Discord.
Whether you’re using them in chat messages or as server icons and names, emojis can add a touch of personality to your server.
So have fun experimenting with emojis and making your server unique!