Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, with over 1 billion monthly active users.
One of the most popular features of Instagram is the ability to share stories with friends and followers.
Many users have reported that their Instagram stories are not working or showing. This can be a frustrating experience, as you cannot share your daily activities, thoughts, or memories with your friends and followers.
Explore some of the possible causes of this problem and provide solutions to help you fix it.
If you are having trouble uploading stories, seeing stories from other users, or both, we have you covered.
Several factors can contribute to this issue, including:
- Internet connection issues: A weak or unstable internet connection can prevent Instagram stories from uploading or showing properly. Make sure you have a strong internet connection, and if necessary, try switching tо a different network or restarting your device.
- App updates not installed: Instagram periodically releases updates to fix bugs and improve performance. If you are not running the latest app version, you may experience issues with stories. To check for updates, go to the App Store or Google Play Store and search for Instagram. If аn update is available, install it.
- App cache and data not cleared: Over time, the Instagram app can accumulate cache and data, which can cause it to slow down or stop working properly. Clearing the cache and data from the Instagram app can help fix this issue. To do this, go to your device’s settings and find the option to clear the app’s cache and data.
- Incorrect app settings: Sometimes, the problem with Instagram stories can be caused by incorrect app settings. Check the settings in the Instagram app and ensure the options for stories are turned on.
- Outdated phone software: If your phone’s software is outdated, it can cause issues with the Instagram app. Make sure that your phone is running the latest version of its software.
Here are some steps you can take to fix Instagram stories not working or showing:
- Check the internet connection and restart the device: A weak or unstable internet connection can cause issues with Instagram stories. Ensure you have a strong internet connection, and try restarting your device.
- Update the Instagram app: Updating the Instagram app can fix bugs and improve performance. Go tо the App Store or Google Play Store and search for Instagram. If an update is available, install it.
- Clear cache and data from the Instagram app: Clearing the cache and data from the Instagram app can help fix this issue. Go to your device’s settings and find the option to clear the app’s cache and data.
- Check and adjust app settings: Make sure the settings in the Instagram app are correct, and the options for stories are turned on.
- Update phone software: Make sure your phone is running the latest version of its software.
Here are a few additional tips that may help you fix Instagram stories that are not working or showing:
- Log out and log back into the Instagram app: Sometimes, logging out and logging back into the Instagram app can help fix the problem. To log out, gо to your profile, tap the three lines in the top right corner, and select Settings. Then, select Log Out.
- Check if there are any reported outages on Instagram’s website: Before trying any other solutions, check Instagram’s website to see any reported outages that may be impacting story functionality. If there are, you may have to wait for Instagram to resolve the issue before using stories again.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app: In some cases, uninstalling and then reinstalling the Instagram app can help fix the problem. To uninstall the app, go tо your device’s settings, find the Instagram app, and select Uninstall. Go to the App Store or Google Play Store and search for Instagram. Install the app again.
Instagram stories not working or showing can bе a frustrating issue, but there are several solutions you can try to fix it.
The possible causes of the problem include internet connection issues, outdated app versions, and incorrect app settings.
By realizing the possible causes and following the solutions provided, such as checking the internet connection, updating the app, clearing cache and data, checking and adjusting app settings, updating phone software, logging out and logging back in, checking for outages, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app, you should be able to resolve the problem and get your Instagram stories working again.
If you still have trouble, consider contacting Instagram’s support team for further assistance.